an instructional designer and trainer I work with corporate, government,
nonprofit, and education clients who want dynamic, challenging,
and results-oriented training programs.
How is a comprehensive training package
In creating professional development solutions, I focus on working
with clients to envision the entire training process, its impact
on the learners, and the organization. We discuss the needs and
goals of the organization (or division, department, group, or individual
worker) and develop a plan to gather and assess additional pertinent
data. With a clear understanding of the data and the objectives,
I create a high impact training program that addresses the specified
areas of content and skill development in practical, interactive,
comprehensive, and engaging sessions.
What are the elements of the comprehensive
Training Needs Analysis
- What's the current level of performance in the company (or at
the division, department or worker's level)? And, what is the
- Has the gap in current and desired performance been analyzed
to discover whether training is a part of the solution? What other
factors are affecting performance? How will these be addressed?
- Are you planning new initiatives that will require training?
Training Program Design
- Are the training programs in your organization well designed?
- Do the designers use an instructional systems design process?
- Is the design validated and revised using several formative
Training Program Development and Delivery
- Do you have questions about the appropriateness of the training
content, wondering if the training program meets the targeted
need? Are trainers competent and confident when delivering program
content, activities and materials, so that objectives are met
during the training?
- Are your trainers using the most current information about reaching
learners - using brain compatible, multisensory approaches, and
tapping learners' multiple intelligences?
- Are trainers getting the best responses from learners through
their understanding and use of Accelerated Learning techniques?
Training Program Evaluation
- Are learners engaged in the learning/training process?
- What are learners showing and telling you about their training
- Are they demonstrating achievement of objectives during the
- Can you see the transfer of training back on the job?
- How is the return on investment being assessed?
Coaching/Skill Refinement for Trainers
- Have your trainers had the professional development opportunity
to refine their delivery skills, and increase their self confidence
through taking a comprehensive "Train the Trainer" course.
- Or, would your trainers benefit from some coaching - to polish
their delivery techniques, thereby enhancing learner engagement
and training program outcomes?
Sample training program offerings include:
- Business Communication - Creating
Powerful Presentations I
- Coaching- Bridging the Gap
between Where We Are and Where We Want to Be
- Communication - Planning for
- Conflict Resolution- Planning
for Healthy Conflict
- Diversity - Creating the Ideal
- Facilitation Skills - Working
with Groups to Achieve Their Goals
- Instructional Design - ACE
Training Design: Accelerated Learning, Creative Design, Effective
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Understanding Ourselves/Understanding Others
- Interviewing - Preparing for
Your Next Interview; What You Need to Know to Select the Best
- Leadership - Dimensions of
- Presentation Skills - Creating
Powerful Presentations II
- (Dis)Stress Reduction - How
will you take better care of yourself?
- Train the Trainer - Capturing
To request a free initial Consultation
for Training Program Design/Delivery/Evaluation click